We’ve been overwhelmed by customers begging for this.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 3 tbs butter or margarine
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 4 cups chicken or fish stock
- 8 oz lump or jumbo lump crab meat
In a large pot, cook onion with butter until tender. Stir in squash. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
Stir in stock. Raise heat to boiling, then simmer. Mash the squash as it cooks.
15 minutes into cooking add the apples. Continue to mash.
Simmer 30 minutes to an hour (the longer it cooks, the smoother it gets). Puree in blender if necessary.
Add crab meat.