Fish and other types of seafood make excellent soups. They can be as light or heavy as you want.
Crab & Sweet Corn Soup
- 3 cups chicken or fish stock
- 12 ounces sweet corn, creamed
- 4 ounces crabmeat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water or stock
- 4 green onions for garnish
- 2 egg whites, whisked to form peaks
Bring stock to a boil in large pot.
Add corn, crabmeat, seasoning, and soy sauce.
Allow to simmer for four to five minutes.
Mix the cornstarch and water or stock and add a spoonful of the hot soup.
Return the mixture to the soup & bring to the boil.
Cook until the soup thickens.
Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
Stir into the hot soup just before serving.
Slice the onions thinly on the diagonal and scatter over the top to serve.