Delicious Gluten-Free Foods Are Now Available at Atlantic Seafood Market!
In case you haven’t heard the news (or haven’t viewed our home page), we’re now proud to be offering gluten free foods at our Old Saybrook, CT seafood market. This is great news for people looking for a healthier diet (6% of people have severe gluten allergies, but no human body was designed to digest it.) People suffering from IBS, celiac disease, depression, and even Alzheimer’s Disease have shown notable improvements in their conditions when on a gluten free diet. Here’s the best part: our gluten-free products aren’t just good for you; they taste great too!
In addition to our gluten-free foods, we also are now offering foods that fall under the Paleo umbrella. These are foods that are gluten-free, free of refined sugar, and are dairy free as well. Our new baked goods, such as our waffles and muffins fall into this category. One of the key differences between our gluten-free and Paleo items is that instead of replacing the gluten-heavy wheat flour with artificial additives or unhealthy filler, we use almond flour, an ingredient offering many nutritional benefits.
Some of our new gluten-free and Paleo meals, snacks & appetizers include
- Muffins – Our muffins are not only gluten free, but sugar and grain free as well. They come in many flavors, and are made with a base of almond flour, zucchini, carrots, raisins, bananas & agave nectar.
- Waffles – In both traditional and chocolate varieties
- Full Meals – including Poached Salmon, Swordfish Meatballs and Salmon with Crab and Leeks
- Lobster Basil Bread
- Bread Crumbs
- Soups – including gluten-free New England Clam Chowder and Sweet Potato Chipotle Soup
- Vegetarian Chili
- Baked Goods – including crackers, biscotti & more